Erasmus Mundus Scholarships: Category A, B and Windows
Scholarships are granted to the most talented applicants who will be full-time students enrolled on the MathMods MSc course, according to the evaluation made by the Consortium Committee.
Who is eligible?
- Applicants who are from a country which is not:
- EU (27 European Union member states).
- EFTA/EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway).
- Applicants who have never benefited from an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
- Applicants who have not carried out their activities (study, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the EU or EFTA/EEA. The reference date for this rule is 28 February 2013.
Windows. Besides being eligible for category A, applicants from the countries listed below can also apply for these special windows provided that they submit their application by the same deadline set for category A.
- Western Balkans and Turkey: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo as well as Turkey;
- Tunisia and Egypt;
- Eastern Neighbourhood Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine.
The availability of these extra scholarships (one for each window) will be confirmed by the EU agency by the end of March 2013.
Calculation of grant
|Category B scholarships|
|I||Contribution to travel, installation, visa related costs and any other type of costs||EUR 8,000 (EUR 4,000/year)||EUR 3,000 (only to students spending a mobility period in a third-country associated partner)|
|II||Contribution to participation costs (including insurance coverage)||
|EUR 12,000 (EUR 500/month)|
|Total||Max. EUR 48,000||Max. EUR 23,000|
Number of scholarships available last year
- Category A: 8 scholarships.
- Category B: 5 scholarships.
- Window: 2 scholarships.
Please also notice that:
In addition to the criteria stated above (Who is eligible?), please also notice that:
- No more than 2 students selected for scholarship shall have the same nationality.
- Students can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship to any EM Master's course of their choice but the number of applications must be limited to a maximum of three courses.
- Students benefiting from an EM Master's courses scholarship cannot benefit from another Community grant while pursuing their Erasmus Mundus masters studies.
- EM Master's courses students scholarships are awarded exclusively for a full-time enrolment in one of the course editions.