Living in L'Aquila
L'Aquila in brief:
- Reasonable cost of living
- A town of artistic interest
- Safe and quiet but also lively university town
- Direct buses to Rome in little more than 1 hour
- Three popular ski resorts nearby as well as three national parks
- Sunny beaches at a short distance
A student will spend approximately 600 euros a month:
- around 300 euros (twin room) or 400 (single room) for accommodation and related expenses (gas, electricity bills, Internet...) - fully covered through the "installation costs" of an EM scholarship;
- about 300 euros for meals (reduced fares or even free access to canteen available in L'Aquila depending on the student's family income), transports (a monthly bus pass in L'Aquila costs around 30 euros), books, sports centres and the like.
Our students' flats are located in Pizzoli, a little town on the outskirts of L'Aquila, at only 10-minute's drive from our department (around 8 Km). The whole neighbourhood is called "Area MAP" and the complete address is:
Click here for transfers between Pizzoli and L'Aquila (there's a bus stop just outside the flats or another one at 3 minute's walking distance).
Here are some more details
Canteen at the Math Department (Coppito)
- Location: a temporary canteen is located in the car park of our Department (Coppito).
- Opening time: 12.30 pm - 2.30 pm Mon-Fri
Main University canteen
- Open for lunch and dinner even at week-ends
- Location: premises of the ADSU Regional Office (Località Casermette /S.S. 80 – 67100 L’Aquila), at just 2 minute's walking distance from the bus stop Hotel Amiternum (first stop for coaches arriving from Rome).
Aquilasmus is a student association, part of ESN (Erasmus Student Network). Aquilasmus offers several services to Erasmus students, like organizing parties, trips, international dinners, cineforums and more. Take a look at their website and join their Facebook group to get to know other international students and be involved in their activities.