Health insurance

All our students must ensure they hold adequate insurance within the Schengen area (at least) offering minimum coverage of medical costs for at least 30,000 EUR, and covering risks related to health, accidents, permanent invalidity, urgent health attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or even death, including possible repatriation for medical reasons.

  • Non-European students must ensure they hold valid insurance fulfilling the requirements established by local authorities in the country where they will be studying that will enable them to obtain a visa, a residence permit, and enrolment at university. Note that requirements may vary a lot from country to country even within the Schengen area.
  • EU students, on the other hand, won't need to purchase any additional private insurance if they think they don't need one, but they have to ensure they hold a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

We encourage you to make sure that the insurance coverage you are going to purchase is as comprehensive as possible. You may even refer to the minimum requirements set out by EACEA for the Erasmus Mundus programmes, though you may get an Italian residence permit even by providing cheaper options (see below), as long as you are ready to pay for additional expenses that might arise during your stay in Italy. If you wish, you may refer to the below-listed companies, which offer insurance that complies with the minimum requirements to obtain an Italian residence permit, at least. That means that they may not be enough to obtain a visa/permit when you are going to spend a semester in another EU country, in Germany for instance. Please double-check before completing the purchase for a whole year or more and contact the related staff at our partners, as in other countries than Italy, they might require that you purchase a more comprehensive one and/or public health insurance to obtain a visa/permit and even to enrol at their university.

  • Waitaly (cheapest option - valid to obtain an Italian residence permit but not valid for a German visa/permit/enrolment). Direct link to purchase the proper Waitaly insurance card
  • Expat & Co (not valid for a German visa/permit/enrolment!)
  • AON (not valid for a German visa/permit/enrolment!)
  • Protrip-World by DrWalter (might be valid for a German visa/permit/enrolment, ask our staff in advance for confirmation about the specific insurance scheme to purchase).
Read 41454 times Last modified on Tuesday, 11 June 2024 08:28